CLEMSON, S.C. – The Tigers play at College of Charleston for the first time since 2008 when Clemson faces Monte Lee’s former team on Tuesday at 6 p.m.
- Who – Clemson (16-4) vs. College of Charleston (8-12)
- Rankings – CU – No. 6 BA, No. 12 CB, No. 7 USA; COC – NR
- When – Tuesday (6 p.m.)
- Where – Mount Pleasant, S.C. (Patriots Point)
- Listen – TigerCast, WCCP (105.5 FM)
- Live Stats – ClemsonTigers.com
- Social Media – ClemsonBaseball
- Overall Record – Clemson leads 25-2 (1899-2016)
- Record at College of Charleston – Clemson leads 7-0 (1899-2008)
- RHP Tyler Jackson (CU) vs. RHP Max McKinley (COC)
- Clemson, who has won 15 of its last 17 games, won two of three games against No. 11 Virginia last weekend.
- The Tigers are averaging 6.2 runs per game and hitting .273 with a .391 on-base percentage and 21 steals.
- The pitching staff has a 2.90 ERA, .236 opponents’ batting average and 4.36 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .966.
COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON OVERVIEW
- College of Charleston is led by second-year head coach Matt Heath, who served as the pitching coach there under head coach Monte Lee.
- The Cougars were swept at Nebraska last weekend. They are hitting .275 and have a 6.72 ERA and .970 fielding percentage.
- Luke Manzo is hitting .413, while Logan McRae is batting .388 with six homers and 23 RBIs.
- Tiger head coach Monte Lee served as head coach (2009-15) at College of Charleston after lettering four years (1996-99) for the Cougars.
- Clemson pinch-hitters are 6-for-19 (.316) with a .435 on-base percentage in 2017.
- Fourteen Tigers have started at least one game in the field, while Seth Beer and Logan Davidson are the only Tigers to start every game.
CRAWFORD FILLING RELIEF ROLE
- Sophomore righthander Brooks Crawford has turned into one of the team’s most reliable relievers in 2017.
- He is 4-0 with an 0.73 ERA and a .213 opponents’ batting average in 12.1 innings pitched over eight relief appearances.
- He has 12 strikeouts against only one walk.
- He pitched the final 4.2 innings, allowing two hits and no runs to earn the win in Clemson’s 6-5 win over Notre Dame on March 11.
- In his career, he is 7-0 with a save, 3.05 ERA and .246 opponent’s batting average in 59.0 innings pitched over 34 appearances (two starts).